Telehealth: The New Way To Stay Healthy And Connected
How does a Telehealth appointment work
Your doctor may offer you medical services in various ways. Two common ways are:-
- Patient Portal:- A patient portal is a secure website where you can communicate with your doctor or nurse by sending and receiving emails. You can also request prescription refills and schedule appointments. Your doctor can also share your test results with you on the portal and explain what they mean. This is usually faster than waiting on hold on the phone.
- Virtual Appointments:- You can talk to some doctors on the phone or through video chat. This works for mental and behavior health experts and urgent care clinics too.
Who is able to use Telehealth?
Telehealth is an exceptionally convenient tool that can aid people in many different circumstances.
- However, its very useful if you live in a rural area or are separated from your usual doctor by a great distance.
- If you are hindered by limited mobility, restricted time or means of transportation.
- It provides confidentiality for services like those in need of medication abortion services which can be conducted medical care while you’re away from home: whether you’re on vacation, traveling for work or visiting family in a different part of the world.
No matter your circumstances, telemedicine is an option that can make it easier to receive essential medical care when you need it the most.
Tips to Help You get the most of your Telehealth consultation
1. Make sure you have a good internet connection and a device with a camera and microphone.
2. Find a quiet, private space for the call.
3. Test the technology beforehand to make sure everything is working properly.
4. Write down any questions or concerns you have before the call.
5. Be prepared to share your medical history and symptoms with the healthcare provider.
6. Take notes during the call to help you remember important points.
7. Provide feedback to improve the telemedicine experience for yourself and others.